If you’ve known me for a little while, you know that, before I was Keeping Carrie Fit, I ran a food blog called “A Guiltless Glutton.” I posted one of my go-to tailgate/party foods on that blog and now I want to share it with you: S’mores Bites!
The Superbowl is tomorrow and, if you’re anything like me, it’s a huge food day. Someone always throws a party and everyone is in charge of bringing something. 9/10 times, I bring theses. Here’s why:
- They may not be healthy, but they’re a hell of a lot better for you than other things that can be made. These are bite sized and portioning isn’t hard at all.
- They are so easy to make and they take no time at all.
- People love them and there are never leftovers to haunt you in your kitchen.
If you signed up to bring dessert, you’ll want to make these.
Servings: 12 (2 bites per serving)
Amount per serving: 159 calories—20g carbs—9g fat—1g protein—10g sugar
- 7 graham crackers- crushed finely ( I used a food processor)
- 6 tablespoons butter—melted
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 12 large marshmallows cut in half (hamburger style, I guess would be the way to describe it)
- 6 tablespoon semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grind your graham crackers and melt your butter
- In a bowl, combine crushed graham crackers, butter, and powdered sugar until it form a dense crumble mixture
- Separate the mixture in an ungreased mini muffin pan and mold the mixture into a crust once in the pan.**I use a teaspoon measurer because it helps make a pretty dent and it takes less time. Don’t be scare to add more to one if you think it’s too thin!
- Bake for 3-4 minutes or until the crust looks bubbly (it won’t be hard yet).
- Take 4 tablespoons of your chocolate chips and put them inside the crusts (2-3 chips per bite). Then top each bite with a halved marshmallow like this:
- Put back in the oven and back for another 3 minutes or so. Until the marshmallow looks really puffy!!
- Take out of the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Then transfer the bites from the pan to a plate.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the remainder (or more, if you’d like) of the chocolate chips, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the bites until they’re covered as you desire and tad-a!
See? Easy and delicious. Pictures of the process can be found here.