I know what you’re thinking. Brussel sprouts are gross. But really, they’re not. Brussel sprouts is a go-to veggie in our house because there are so many ways to make them! Sweet or savory, brussel sprouts make a perfect side dish- when made correctly.
A lot of people associate brussel sprouts with nasty, boiled, mini cabbages. That is not how brussel sprouts should be made! They deserve a little extra attention because they can really become something incredible.
I decided to give you guys one of my go-to brussel sprouts recipes because it is really easy and it takes about 20 minutes from start to finish!
The nutrition content can really change depending on the amount of oil and cheese you use, but just use your eye and your judgement.
-Brussel Sprouts (not frozen!)
-Grated Parmesan Cheese
-2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each sprout in half and place into a large bowl
- Drizzle 1-2 tbs of olive oil over the sprouts.
- Add your minced garlic and toss until sprouts are coated with oil and garlic.
- Transfer sprouts to a cookie sheet and top with grated parmesan
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until sprouts have browned and are slightly soft.
Serve on the side of any protein and you’ve got yourself one awesome meal! You’ll never look at brussel sprouts the same 😉