I am definitely the type to plan my meals in advance. We grocery shop once a week and base our grocery items on what we need for dinners every week. I try not to rotate recipes too often because it’s easy to get sick of something if you eat it too often, but one of the recipes we eat on a regular basis is my Enchilada Casserole.
Ya’ll… this casserole is so good. It mixes all of your favorite Tex-Mex flavors, puts them in layers, covers them in cheese, and makes you really, really happy. I have had so many people tell me it’s on their weekly rotation and now I’m going to share it with you!
I originally posted this on A Guiltless Glutton but it deserves a place at Keeping Carrie Fit, too!
Amount per serving: 309 calories– 23g carbs– 16g fat – 35g protein
- 1/2 lb ground turkey (97/3)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 of a 16 oz container fat-free refried beans
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, but it adds a lot of flavor!)
- 2 soft taco sized tortillas (I used La Banderita)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1/4 cup black olives (optional)
I promise, if you make this, it will end up as a favorite!