I’m officially over half way through with pregnancy! Even if Baby MAC comes at 42 weeks (please, Jesus, NO), I’m halfway. The first trimester went by so slowly, but I feel like the past few weeks have flown by! I can’t wait to see what the next few months have in store! Here’s this week’s bump update!
- How far along? 21 weeks!
- Total weight gain: I forgot to weigh again this morning… I’m going to guess maybe 15-16 pounds?
- Maternity clothes? Still yes! I’m still living in maxi skirts and dresses for the work week. I do have some Old Navy linen pants and shorts that I’m loving. I love them because the top is a band like the band on yoga pants so, even though they’re maternity, I can fold the top down once I lose baby weight and wear them when I’m not pregnant. Win-win!
- Stretch marks? None yet! I do use some cocoa butter and cocoa butter oil at night. The oil is supposed to keep skin from itching and I use cocoa butter because everyone else uses it and I feel like it can’t hurt anything! Even if it’s not preventing stretch marks, my skin is super soft!
- Sleep? I don’t know why, but I have slept like a baby the past few nights. The only nights I didn’t sleep well this week were when we were on vacation (thanks a lot friend’s neighbors who set off mortars at 2:00 am). I used to take Ambien to sleep and then stopped taking it once I got pregnant. Luckily I slept because my body was so exhausted, but I started getting less sleep in the past month. Being up and down peeing all night kind of sucks. For whatever reason, though, this past week I’ve slept really well. I definitely don’t hate it!
- Rings on or off? On, but it’s still a replacement set. I also had to get a new replacement set. The other one had a couple stones fall out.
- Best moment this week? The past few days have been awesome. I’m starting to feel her move more and more so it’s really cool! She’s very active during the day and then settles down when I get home from work. It’s crazy to think that I feel her this much with a barrier (Anterior placenta) and her weighing less than a pound!
- Cravings: None really. I am loving iced coffee though!
- Symptoms: Still sciatic pain and acid reflux. Hooray! It’s also becoming increasingly hard to bend over.
- Nutrition? I’m doing pretty well! Staying around my calorie goal each day, which is good!
- Workouts? I’m up to working out 3x per week! Usually just cardio but sometimes I add in weights. I’ve also been doing a lot of nesting which should count as a workout because cleaning/organizing/decorating is hard work for a pregnant lady!
- Belly button in or out? In.
- Looking forward to? Tuesday! We have an appointment and we’ll be able to hear her heartbeat and chat with the doctor.
Overall, it’s been a pretty awesome week!